Dealing with Squirrels
Take delight not only in seeing the finches, chickadees and other colorful birds you enjoy, but also in frustrating the squirrels.
There are three kinds of feeders in this world: squirrel bait squirrel-tolerant and squirrel-proof.
- Squirrel bait feeders are mostly made of plastic or wood that squirrels can easily chew through or rip apart to get to the seeds.
- Squirrel-tolerant feeders are feeders that squirrels can eat from, but cannot destroy, such as high quality seed tube feeders with metal ports, lids and bottoms.
- With the right combination of baffles, feeder placement, or protective cages, just about any of these feeders can be made squirrel-proof.
- Our On Guard™ cages will stop squirrels from reaching the feeder while allowing small birds to go in and out.
- Our Advanced Pole System® (APS) and Squirrel Baffle will keep the squirrels away from virtually any feeder you hang on it.
- Squirrel-proof feeders are feeders that when hung or mounted according to instructions are reliably squirrel-proof.
- The Eliminator® and our Fundamental Squirrel-proof Feeders will stop squirrels from eating your seed. Featuring unique, weight-sensitive technology, the feeder's seed ports are closed when a squirrel touches the perch ring.
APS Hanging System and APS Squirrel Baffle
Eliminator™ Squirrel Proof Feeder
Fundamentals Squirrel Proof Feeder
WBU Eliminator™ Squirrel-Proof Feeder
Protect your seed bounty from squirrels with our Eliminator. When a squirrel touches the perch ring, its weight closes the seed ports, foiling its seed-stealing plot. The Eliminator's unique technology allows you to set the sensitivity level, so you can also exclude large birds such as pigeons or doves.
It's easy to hang, holds three and a half quarts of seed and is backed with a limited lifetime guarantee. This feeder also features a special seed ventilation system that helps keep seed fresher.
The Eliminator can be disassembled and assembled with no tools, and all of its parts are top-shelf dishwasher safe.